Thursday, January 30, 2020

Rocking and Waiting



 I have been accepted and the DBS referral has been sent on to a doctor at the Metropolitan Neurological Clinic (MNC).  I have already received an appointment with a surgeon for February 13th.  Now we wait.  Waiting seems to be part of any medical issue.

  Here we are continuing so busy it is hard for me to stop and heal.  Tuesday is babies, as cute as they come, but not getting any lighter.  Isaac is around 17 1/2# and Sammy is 16#.  At 6 months old they are still stationery, for which I can be thankful.  Both of them are very vocal and want to move, but backwards and pivoting is about it for now.  Tim (7) and Hilde (5) come around 2:30.  So from 7:30 until 5:00 we are on the move.  I surely do understand why babies come to young people.  Whew!

  Lifting babies is a no-no for me, and Jim is good to hand them to me.  I can sit and hold, rock, play, cuddle and feed as the needs arise.  They don't seem to mind at all.  I just can't pick them up.  I found out from painful experience that sitting at the computer is just as big a no-no, as is any prolonged standing.

  I am pausing oftener to slow down and try to help my body heal.  In my back room, that catch-all room I use to read, write, rest, sew, iron, and store things, I have a verse on the wall that I see every day.  It is one I am learning to live by, slowly but steadily.  I think you will quickly recognize it.


Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord,
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings as eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

Teach me Lord,
Thank you Lord,
For this wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment