Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Am I Home Yet?



  This past weekend there was a women"s conference here in St. Cloud called Thrive.  I was fortunate enough to go.  On the first day of the two day conference, my husband, Jim, drove me to and from.  Because my middle name may as well be "Lost," I thought he could show me were to park and the best way to get there.  He was out of town the second day so I was on my own.

  As I exited the last session, I must have gone out of the wrong door of the Convention Center. and proceeded to walk a distance to one of the parking garages I guessed was the one where I had my car parked.  I found, at the far end of the garage, a stairwell.  I climbed the five stories to where I remembered I had parked the car.  No car.

  Down I went and exited into an alley quite full of garbage bags, and among the other trash, discarded van seats.  By that time my feet hurt really bad and those seats had a certain appeal.  Ignoring the draw of the seats ( I REALLY wanted to sit for awhile) I plodded on to the street and it gave me no clue as to where my car was located.

  I remembered that I might find it's location on my cell phone. As I looked on the phone it also turned out to be rather confusing as I didn't know if the blinking thing was me or my car.  After walking the exactly wrong way for a block or so, I turned and realized that the little arrow was me.  (Did I mention that my feet really hurt?)  I turned and followed the map in the correct direction, and about four blocks later my phone said I'd arrived at my destination.  (Did I mention that my feet hurt?)

  Up to the top I went and actually found my car.  Although I turned the wrong way to get out of the ramp, there were very few cars left, so I had plenty to room to turn around.  Once out of the ramp, I took another wrong turn, and, over the river I went.  I decided it would be lovely to do a little drive around Clemens  Gardens.  After that I found my way home.
 I  loathed my shoes and every other pair in my closet.  I really wanted to burn all of them.  End of adventure.

  I am reminded over and over lately that this is not my home.  Once I finally get home I will never be turned around or lost.

  2 Corinthians 5:20a  Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ...  I might add, in a strange and foreign land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment