Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Rhubarb Crunch

  Yesterday Timothy(7 yrs old) and Hilde (5 yrs) and I dug into the rhubarb and pulled a pile of it out.  They were pretty gung-ho so we set up cutting boards and some very adult sharp knives.  I showed them the size of the pieces I needed and they began cutting rhubarb for the desserts I planned to make.  After we cut at least 18 large cups of rhubarb, they wanted to help with the rest.  Hilde measured and poured while I had Timothy cutting the crust into crumbs. They carried through until they watched me put it in the oven to bake.
  It seems that our young ones are ready for more than we think.
  Because they are young does not make them incapable.
  Hilde commented that God is breath.
  I was brought to a heart stop, to enjoy that truth, and appreciate the little mouth that spoke it.


Matthew 21:16  "Do you hear what these are saying? 
And Jesus said to them,
"Yes." Have you never read,
'Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have perfected praise'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment