Wednesday, September 16, 2020

In Over My Head

 We've had a good week here.  Hopefully you have also.  Dom and Charlie are well settled into their digs.  Both of them are doing remarkably well.  It may still be the honeymoon phase but it seems to be that they have become compatible once more.  They used to be, as children.  I remember going through months without a foul word spoken to each other.  Then puberty hit really hard and nothing was compatible about them at all.  Each developmental stage normal children go through was exceptionally long for the boys.  And it seems that nothing came easily.  Now they seem to have settled into a rhythm suitable to their age.  

After our first three children were born, there wasn't a part of a second when we wanted more children.  We were so very content.  But God!  He had different ideas than we did.  He pestered me for weeks about having another child.  Dominick was finally born.  When I was pregnant with him, the Lord told me about his little sister.  We had a beautiful little girl and felt so pleased.  While pregnant with her Father told me about her little brother!  

Charlie was born and I was in way over my head!  I was totally unprepared and incapable of raising this little flock that He planned for us.  Having two with physical delays and severe cognitive disabilities I knew nothing about, put us all over the top, as far as how to raise them and even getting through the dailies. 

I think God finally had me where He wanted me.  I had to be dependent on Him for everything.  Although it is hard, I kind of like living in the place of being so dependent.  God had all the answers to my many problems.  I got to know Him and His ways much better and I marveled over the many times He revealed them to me.  His ways are higher than our ways and His ways work.  Amazing.  


Isaiah 55:9  For as the heaven is higher than the earth                                                                                  

So are My ways higher than your ways,

And My thoughts than your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment