Thursday, September 10, 2020

Blessed Interruptionss

 Hey!   Isn't God wonderful?  This past week  I have been thinking of the frequent interruptions that have been happening when I start to draw myself to the Lord in prayer.  I have confessed my sin of prayerlessness and hate it.  I so badly want to be near to Jesus as He whispers His beautiful Word to me, but so very often I am distracted and sideswiped by thoughts from the smallest infractions to really important things, like calls from the kids or deer in the backyard!  :)

  Suddenly I began to see that all the disruptions were of God!  So I was able to relax and enjoy them instead of fight to remain in prayer, or wherever I happened to be at the time.  It seems that the Lord is in every interruption and if I am sensitive to Him, He shows me how it is His will that I listen.  I have experienced Him more closely and am delighted in the nearness that I feel to Him.  And if it is prayer that I am engaged in, I return to it quickly after the brief interruption I experience.

Today, as I was praying, I just flowed with the interruptions and it was perfect. I am so certain that He is near and dear and close to my thoughts. He has indeed shown me that His loving kindness is all about me.  Oh!  How I love Him And give myself over to His amazing goodness. His yoke is indeed easy and His burden is light.

Matt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, 

for I am gentle and lowly of heart

and you will find rest to your souls,  for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.



No comments:

Post a Comment