Sunday, March 29, 2020

There is More



   The surgery continued with another CAT scan and x-rays, I believe.  After the boring of holes I was a little foggy over just what was being done ‘cause I was processing all that had happened.  There might have been a wire inserted into my brain before the x-rays, I’m not too sure.  The next big step was the wire.  Once the surgeon was happy that it was placed properly, a couple of nice young women from Medtronic had me do several exercises, saying the days of the week, drawing  a spiral, a signature moving a cup to my mouth as though drinking, all to see how much I was trembling.  

  Once I did the series of movements, they turned the wires on and I repeated the moves.  After a few times the result were satisfactory and the wire was snapped into place and the hole closed off and sealed, after more x-rays.  The change in my movements was remarkable..I went from severe shaking to controlled movements in just a few tries.  


  Modern medicine, although somewhat barbaric, is truly amazing.   Side two was done and snapped in place.  Eventually I was stitched up and the procedure done.  By then however, I could no longer hold back the horrid cough that took hold. Coughing, being able to move, is tricky in the best circumstances, but coughing when head and shoulders are locked in place is truly tough.    

  Post-op was filled with nausea, but finally controlled by around 5:30pm.  I was released the next day to Jim's care and so happy to be home.  My battery surgery was moved up to Friday 20th because of the corona virus.  So I had just a little time to get some rest and recover from the first surgery before I was back to get it finished.  

  
  Romans 8:38  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life 
nor angels nor principalities nor powers 
nor things present nor things to come,
nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment