Saturday, February 29, 2020

Computer Lockdown but Big Investment


  Two weeks without a running Mac Book to Blog on and I am so sorry you've had to wait and wonder.

  Last week was spent at the Wade household taking care of four delightful children, a great, as in both large and well behaved, dog, and a wonderful gal from Columbia.  iStefani is a real dear who teaches at the Spanish Immersion School, in Clearwater, where the kids go to school.  She is just like a sister to the kids.  I don't think they know just how lucky they are to have her for the year.  She is wonderful in so many ways; intelligent, companionate, artistic, creative and understanding, are some of her qualities that pop into my mind.

  The first day we were with them was a day off of school.  Fun, yes, but, I learned I would not be able to keep up the pace I needed to, in order to keep the peace and harmony.   The next day, Jim moved a recliner from home into the dining area, and after that I did much better.  I was able to be with everybody, but not on my feet.

  On Tuesday I received a call to let me know my first surgery is scheduled for March 16th.  Before that I must go to Abbott-Northwestern in MPLS and have an MRI of my head.  The Doctor is extremely picky about some things.  I guess I like that in a surgeon.  He has the MRI crew at Abbott well trained to do the procedure just the way he wants. It is scheduled for the 9th of Mar.  I must also get a pre-op physical on Mar. 6th.  So the ball is rolling.

  I must say that I have had a deep residing peace about the surgery.  I am still certain the Lord is leading me in this direction.  But yesterday I had a bit of anxiety about it.  Lydia was here and she talked me through some of the issues I had.  I will probably need some hand holding and hugs again.  It is major surgery, with someone digging around in my brain, after all.

  My big deal is not so much having to be awake during all this, nor having to live through holes the size of nickels drilled in my skull, but the recovery period.  How very little I want to be on my back again in a recovery mode.  I want to be up, doing my writing, and being involved with the grandchildren, and living life fully able.

  The time will come.  I am certain of it.  Jesus had many years when He was learning to trust in His Father for all things.  If I want to be conformed to His image, I need to learn to depend on Father for all things too.  His investment in me is amazing.  I am so humbled by it.

  Philippians 4:6  Be anxious for nothing
But in everything
By prayer and supplication,
With thanksgiving,
Let your requests be made known to God

No comments:

Post a Comment