Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Help in the Noise or the Hollow

  The house has a hollow sound to it today.  Six of the grandchildren were here over the weekend and have gone back home.  The sparkle and noise they bring is missing.  I can still hear the echo of their voices as I sit and ponder all that went on.  It certainly was busy, and, somewhat overwhelming.  Somewhere along the line, parenting kicked in again, and between the two of us (my husband and myself) we got everybody where they needed to be and when.
   Now, the quiet gives me time to regroup for the week ahead.  It always seems to be difficult to discern the presence of the Lord after such intense activity. I takes me some time.  I struggle to clear my mind of all the filled spaces of my heart and home, even in the hollow of this empty house.
  Nevertheless I know the Lord has been with me through this whole adventure.  He is the One who had infinite patience and love flowing through me when the little boys fought or when everyone was hungry and consequently irritable.  I see his help and work in the midst of all of the noise and rush.  He just never leaves my side, and He is here still.


Duet. 31:6  Be strong and of good courage
do not fear nor be afraid of them;
for the Lord your God,
He is the one who goes with you.
He will not leave you nor forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment