Friday, December 7, 2018

Feet

Years ago I worked as a bedside nurse on a large medical  floor.  My assignment was often in their isolation unit.  Many of the patients in those lonely rooms had leg or foot ulcers.  It was one of my favorite places to work.

One of the reasons I enjoyed working there, was to bring a little joy and comfort to those sick, isolated, mostly elderly people.  Another reason was because I loved to take care of their feet.  It was an opportunity to talk to them about where their feet had taken them, to gently love up on them, and to linger a bit to listen.

Now, as I sit before the Lord, with head bowed and eyes closed, I imaging I see Jesus's nail scarred feet.  Tears of love and gratitude flow as I think about where those feet have taken Him.  They have gone from womb to cross, and in between, they have walked upon a very privileged planet.

Little do I realize just how great my Creators love is for me.
Oh! That You would rend my heart to expand my capacity to receive more of Your tremendous love.
Enable me to love You and others and do it well as I walk the path You have set before me.


Is 52:7

How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of him who brings good news,
Who proclaims peace,
Who brings glad tidings of good things,
Who proclaims salvation,
Who says to Zion,
"Your God reigns!"


No comments:

Post a Comment